Horns of Elfland

The thoughts of an Evanglical Christian who needs some expresso. Musings on High Fantasy, Celtic Christianity, and life in general.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Working in Circles

Every since I have gotten back from my trip to Arizona the first of June I feel like I have been running and gunning. I feel like I am doing a lot of work but I really have not gotten anywhere.

Spiritually I feel like God is far from me. I know he is not, but I feel like I am wandering around in the desert.


I have read a few good books recently. I finished reading the biography of John Adams by David McCullough. It amazes me how they wrote to one another during that time period. Each letter was a work of art of the English language. It is very sad to see how we have devolved. The amazing set of men who founded the USA is incredible.

I also read Yon Ill Wind a Xanth novel by Piers Anthony for nostalsia sake. I have not read a Xanth book in a long time and enjoyed it even though the book was not that great. I forgot the preocupation Piers Anthony has for sex in all his books.

A week from now I will be going on a weekend retreat. An Emmaus walk to be precise. I don't have any preconcieved notions on what will happen. I do not have huge expectations but I hope God touches me, revives me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home