Horns of Elfland

The thoughts of an Evanglical Christian who needs some expresso. Musings on High Fantasy, Celtic Christianity, and life in general.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Bible on CD

This Wendsday I decided to purchase the Bible on CD. The reason I made this purchase was because I have not been able to do my morning devotions. I thought the least I could do is listen to the Bible on my way to work in the morning.

So far it's working fairly well. At least I am hearing the Word for a little bit each day. I personally feel my mind wander when I am trying to listen.

I will let you know how the experiment is going.

The last two Fantasy books I have been reading are Wizard of London by Mercedes Lackey and Harrowing the Dragon by Patricia McKillip.

I thought Wizard of London was a good Lackey book but I felt like the pacing was all loaded in the front of the book. Really all the interesting stuff happens in the first half. Still the book does a good job of emotionally connecting you to the Characters.

Harrowing the Dragon is a book of short stories by Patricia McKillip. McKillip is my favorite fantasy writer right now. Her prose is beautiful as a poem and really places you in another world. All her tales have a hint of melencholy. I hightly reccommend her as an author.


In Non-fiction I read Why I am Catholic by Garry Willis. It is an exelant History of the Papacy and an insight into the life of it's author. It explains why someone is a Catholic despite the checkered history of the Papacy. I love the last section of the book which is about the Creed. Anyone who wants to know more about Church History and the history of the papacy I would reccomend this book to them.


Also I am going to play Dungeons and Dragons tommorow. I am looking forward to this game because I have never really played before even though I love Fantasy books. I am either going to create a Dwarvish fighter or maybe a human Paladin.

1 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Blogger Cindy Thomson said...

Hi!
I was searching blogs to find people who are interested in Celtic Christianity. I wanted to let you know about my new book, Brigid of Ireland. You can read about it here:
www.brigidofireland.com



And I'm in Ohio too!

Blessings.
Cindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home