Horns of Elfland

The thoughts of an Evanglical Christian who needs some expresso. Musings on High Fantasy, Celtic Christianity, and life in general.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Hitting the Wall and Learning the World

The past few weeks have been a bear for me.

Struggles with people at Church. Just wanting to quit and throw in the towel. The tough part of the Christian walk that no one tells you about.

But, Jesus is Risen!

I was goofing off and reading Eldest the sequel to Eragon. The Baby was in bed and the Wife was at the Hospital with her mom who had collapsed with low blood sugar.

Tough night for Nik but I had taken care of Lochlan and he was in Bed.

Well I was reading Eldest and I thought to myself.

"When was the last time you read the Bible?"

I had been so busy and I have kind of lost time to just be with God. So I went back to the Kitchen table and read the Gospel of John starting where Jesus washed the disciples feet. I just imagined being there.

Sometimes Jesus wants to Show us Love and Mercy when we least deserve it.

Then I read about the Crucifixion and God's Spirit moved on my and I was touched by the unexplainable presence of God. He died for my Sins so that I might live.

.....

In addition to finishing Eldest I have also read a Sci-fi book that I would highly recommend. Learning the World by Ken Macleod

It is about a colony ship finishing it's 400year journey. It follows the story of a young girl who grew up on the Ship.

The Name of the Ship is But the sky my lady, the sky!.

it's one that will make you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home